From Tim Keller's new article, "Preaching in a Secular Culture," on some practices for preaching to secular people...
- Solve all problems with the gospel
- Beware of assumptions
- Engage in apologetics
- Provide applications for both parties
- Be authentic
- Be conscious of alienating language
- Expect, and respect, doubt
- Address the wider community
- Draw on cultural references
- Read across the spectrum
For more on these 10 practices and a lot more on preaching in a secular culture, go read the whole article.