I'm writing this on a public, hospital computer, so forgive any issues with the post. The system isn't letting me update the previous post so it's easier just to add a new one.
Elijah has now been given at least one more night here, and maybe a few more. Still up in the air.
E is leaving with Molly by ambulance (sans sirens) to Lurie Children's Hospital today for another set of MRIs. More blood tests are being done as we speak. The fluid culture from his hip is in process and something is growing in it. That means there's something that's in the fluid and the tests should reveal more about the nature of the fluid and how to treat it. He's still on antibiotics, and hopefully they'll find out it's the right sort that treats whatever he has. If not, they'll change it once they know more.
There's a decent possibility at this point that what they didn't do during the first surgery will be done in the next day or two, which is opening his hip and irrigating/cleaning it out. The doctor this morning thinks that will be helpful, though the new MRIs and cultures and all that will help with that decision. We really hope that isn't necessary, but we'll see. If it happens it will leave him and us here longer.
Pray for the doctors to figure this thing out. For Molly to rest well and that her stay won't aggravate symptoms for her health issues with Chiari that often crop up when sleep is poor and stress is high.
Pray for my church, Doxa, as I'm not going to be there tomorrow. My buddy, Joey, who has helped in a pinch before has agreed to preach last minute. I just LOVE good guys like him. What a blessing.
Danny and I are staying at the Ronald McDonald House near Loyola Hospital, which is an amazing resource. It's 20 minutes away. We may only get one more night because others are coming in who have planned this long in advance. Please pray they'll still have a room for us if we need it. I don't want to go home with Molly still here as it's really helpful for Elijah and for Molly to have us here, for E to be able to play with Danny, etc. We don't have the money to stay somewhere else. But everything has been provided as needed so far, so we trust God with whatever comes next.