I listed the three basic traits of frontline prayer yesterday from chapter 6 of Tim Keller's Center Church. Chapter 6 is "The Work of Gospel Renewal." Today, from the same chaper, Keller's five characteristics that define preaching for gospel renewal. He explains all five in some detail, so pick up the book.
- Preach to distinguish between religion and the gospel
- Preach both the holiness and the love of God to convey the richness of grace
- Preach not only to make the truth clear but also to make it real
- Preach Christ from every text
- Preach to both Christians and non-Christians at once
(Center Church, pages 77-79)