- Come to hear them, not out of curiosity, but from a sincere desire to know and do your duty
- Give diligent heed to the things that are spoken from the Word of God
- Do not entertain even the least prejudice against the minister
- Be careful not to depend too much on a preacher, or think more highly of him than you ought to think
- Make particular application to your own hearts of everything that is delivered
- Pray to the Lord, before, during, and after every sermon
Read more of Whitefield's thoughts on listening to a sermon.