Here's my growing list of open-air preaching posts, quotes, and as I find ones worth recommending, resources. I'm only going to link the resources I like best, and there's a lot of stuff I don't like. For future reference, this page can be found under "Compass" on the right side-bar.
- *The Gospel in the Open-Air Again | start here
- Guidelines for Open-Air Preaching
- Open-Air Preaching is Optional?
- Missional Open-Air Preaching
- Steps Toward Open-Air Preaching
- Open-Air Preaching, Gospel Power, & Interruption
- Preaching Has Great POWER
- The Future of the Evangelist
- The Dismissal of Open-Air Preaching | Spurgeon
- Open-Air Preaching and Revival | Richard Owen Roberts
- What Is Preaching? | John Frame
- Need for Hundreds of His Noble Order | Spurgeon on Flockhart
- The Great Benefit of Open-Air Preaching | Spurgeon
- Beyond the Walls of your Meeting House | Spurgeon
- Faces Set Like Flints | Spurgeon
- The Ultimatum of God | Spurgeon
MY RELATED POSTS
First three are precursors to the open-air series above. I didn't know they were going to spark so much on the blog.
- Why Jesus Taught In Parables: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 - these written with open-air in mind
- 10 Commandments for Reluctant Evangelists
Lectures To My Students | Two chapters on open-air preaching. Easily the most helpful stuff I've read on the subject. I believe he shows the best grasp of the goodness of and need for open-air preaching. His teaching on the how, where, when is just as relevant today as ever. Principles stay the same.
Open-Air Preaching: A sketch of it's history and remarks thereon | Not sure how much of this is from Spurgeon's book or elsewhere.
Evangelism in the Early Church | One of the key sources I've used to think about open-air preaching as seen in the Bible.
Thirty Years That Changed The World: The Book of Acts for Today | There's a small section in which Green talks about Acts preaching and then proposes some ways to do open-air today. I don't love all his suggestions, but it's worth checking out.